Casanova's Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs
Best & easiest baby back ribs you will ever make. Follow our recipe for a seamless and flawless execution on these Casanova's premium pork ribs.
- 2 1/2 - 3 lb pounds Casanova baby back pork ribs
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit (135C).
- If the ribs still have the thin skin covering the back of the rack, remove it. Here's a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv32zg507EM
- Season both sides of the ribs with a generous amount of salt and pepper then place, meat-side up, into a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. (It may be necessary to cut the ribs in half in order for them to fit into the pan).
- Cover the pan or baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil, and then bake until the meat falls easily from the bones, 3 to 4 hours.
MAKE BARBECUE SAUCE
- While the ribs bake, make the barbecue sauce. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the ketchup, hot chili sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine, season with salt then cook for 2 minutes. Set aside in preparation for the ribs to finish roasting.
- Remove the ribs from the oven, discard the aluminum foil and generously brush both sides with barbecue sauce.
- Optional: Move an oven rack near to the top of the oven. Turn broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-4 minutes, just until the barbecue sauce begins to caramelize. (Keep a close eye on the ribs while they broil so they the sauce does not burn.)