Skirt Steak with Garlic Potatoes
2 and ½ garlic cloves
Coarse salt and ground pepper
¾ teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 pounds red new potatoes, sliced
2 pounds Casanova Prime Skirt Steak
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Finely chop garlic, and season lightly with salt.
- Press the flat side of knife blade back and forth across garlic to make a paste.
- Transfer garlic into a small bowl and stir in thyme and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Toss potatoes with garlic mixture and bake until browned on the underside (20 to 25 minutes)
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a large skillet or grill pan over high.
- Season the Casanova Prime Skirt Steak with salt and pepper, and cook until medium-rare, 3 to 6 minutes per side (time depends on the thickness of steak).
- Put the steak on a plate to rest.
Serve steaks with potatoes and salad.