Casanova PRIME Philly Cheese Steak
Yes. A high end philly cheese steak coming your way. You will not be disappointed after trying this. Taking a classic and adding the best ingredients you possibly can... what can go wrong? Do not miss out on this recipe.
- Heat a griddle or a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, cover bottom with olive oil.
- Add the onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until caramelized, which will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Then, push the mixture off to one side of the griddle.
- Add the meat to the hot part of the griddle.
- Cook, continuously flipping the meat over and slightly chopping the meat into slightly smaller pieces with 2 spatulas, until the meat is not pink, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Mix the meat and the carmelized onions and bell pepper together.
- Divide into 2 portions, and top both portions with the cheese to melt.
- If using Italian or French bread, cut the bread in half, crosswise, and slice lengthwise to open for the 2 sandwiches.
- Hollow out some of the soft white bread part from inside and place face down on top of the meat and cheese.
- When the cheese is melted, and with 1 or 2 spatulas, flip the sandwiches over and serve immediately.
2 large hoagie rolls or 2 large sub roll
- 1 lb Casanova Prime Ribeye or NY Strip Steak
1 white onion (thinly sliced)
1 green bell peppers (thinly sliced)
2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
1/2 lb provolone cheese (thinly sliced)
EVOO - extra virgin olive oil (for grilling)
salt and pepper