Cassie Casanova’s Herb Butter Chicken
This recipe is an oven-roasted whole chicken dripping with garlic and herb buttery goodness. Yum! The white wine in this recipe traps the juices inside the chicken during the roasting process so that every part of the chicken (even the breast!) is juicy. And to compliment the tender meat is a broiled finish that makes the skin nice and crispy all over the outside. Preparing this meal takes only 10 minutes and a little over an hour of cooking time with minimal effort. All you’re going to need is 9 household ingredients, and 1 Whole Chicken from Casanova Meats which you can order here.
- 3.5 - 4 pound whole chicken, at room temperature giblets and neck removed from cavity*
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine, (optional) -- use a dry wine like a Sauv Blanc or Chardonnay
- 1 lemon, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of garlic roughly peeled and cut in half horizontally through the middle crosswise
- 3 fresh whole rosemary sprigs
- Heat your oven to 430 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Discard the neck from inside the chicken and pat the chicken dry.
- Pour olive oil, melted butter, white wine and the juice from half a lemon over the entire chicken, inside the cavity, and under the skin.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper, sprinkle the parsley all around, and then rub the garlic all over and under the chicken skin.
- Put the garlic head, rosemary and squeezed lemon half from step 3 into the chicken’s cavity. Tie the legs closed with cooking string.
- In a roasting pan or baking tray, place the chicken breast-side up. Cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and baste the chicken with its juices, placing the chicken back in the oven for another 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven when a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees fahrenheit, and then baste once more.
- Return the chicken to the oven, this time with the broiler on, and broil for 2-3 minutes until the skin browns.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, cover with foil, and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving it with the juices and the remaining lemon half cut into pieces.