Grilled Filet Mignon with Herb Butter Recipe
2 8-oz. Casanova Meats Prime Filet Mignons
- 1 tablespoon whipped or regular butter, slightly softened
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, or shallot
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram, or oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 4 cups watercress, trimmed and chopped
- Mash butter in a small bowl with the back of a spoon until soft and creamy. Stir in 2 teaspoons oil until combined. Add chives (or shallot), capers, 1 teaspoon marjoram (or oregano), 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and place in the freezer to chill.
- Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, 2 teaspoons marjoram (or oregano), 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, rosemary and minced garlic in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of steak.
- Grill the steak 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Divide watercress among 4 plates. Top the watercress with steak. Spread the chilled herb butter on top of the steaks and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.